Thursday 12 December 2013

Sleek 'Blush By 3' Review ♥

Hello beauties! Nice to be blogging again! As some of you may be able to tell, my blog has had a little 'revamp'. I have a lot to talk to you guys about, but all that can wait for a separate post...♥

So today, I thought I would kick my blog back off by doing a review on a new blush palette I recently purchased! It is the Sleek 'Blush By 3' Palette! A lot of you are probably very familiar with this palette, it is very hyped up on Instagram, YouTube, Blogs, everywhere! Personally I was very controversial about purchasing it, and still I am not 100% sure if it was the wisest buy...

 The palette I purchased is in the shade 'Lace' which is certainly the most hyped up. The palette itself is beautiful! Sleek packaging is so sleek and professional! When I first received this in the post, I was slightly taken a back by the, um, size. I'm not 100% sure why but I expected it to be bigger than what it was, and when I received it I was slightly disappointed.

 Crochet is the orange shade on the left, it is certainly my least favourite. It is very orange and just does not suit my skin tone with me being pale, in fact it looks slightly ridiculous.
Guipure is probably my favourite blush of the 3, it is the pinky-gold shade in the middle. Guipure is most famous as a dupe for the NARS 'Orgasm' blush. It is gorgeous, but is very very shimmery!
Chantilly is probably my 2nd favourite blush. It is the deep pinky-red on the right. It is a very simple yet effective blush. I would say it is matte and would probably suit all skin tones!

 Sleek say "The blush by 3 palette has been formulated with intense pigment yet the shades can be layered in order to achieve the required intensity". I certainly agree with the pigmentation! The blushes are super pigmented, which can be amazing! However, I do my makeup early in the morning, and sometimes do not pay masses of attention to how much product I have on my brush! This then leads to the disaster of cheeks that look like they have had tomato's smushed all over them! The blushes are not incredibly easy to blend out either, especially when there is too much on! The price is slightly overrated too, for a drugstore brand it is not bad, but considering I only use 2 of the 3 blushes it seems a slight waste of money.

If you are looking for a blush palette you may want to check these out! But be sure you will use all of the blushes to the full extent! If you visit your local Superdrug and take a look at the Sleek stand, you should be able to find these easily and swatch the testers. Personally, I found these a slight waste of money, however I may reach a different judgement in the future!

Thank you all for reading ♥
xo, Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment